The youth ministry is where our middle school and high school students can connect, have fun, and build their faith in Jesus. We value fellowship along with service to our church and community. We encourage the youth to participate in church life, including a Sunday youth service during the Pentecost season and performing the Christmas and Easter Passion plays. Our primary outreach effort is assisting the South Gwinnett Co-op food
bank by preparing lunch bags for children delivered during the summer and assisting in food distribution at the co-op.
We meet Sunday evenings for dinner, group activities, and a scripture lesson. The youth holds their annual weekend retreat each August. We also organize gatherings throughout the year for movie nights, pool parties, and other fellowship activities. Parents and guardians are the primary influence in a child’s life, and they are also a part of the youth ministry. We all work to help strengthen and build a future for our youth with Jesus Christ at the center.
Youth activities throughout the year include:
- New Beginnings (diocesan retreat for middle school youth)
- Happening (diocesan retreat for high school youth)
- Youth Retreat (annually in August)
- Mother’s Day recognition
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper (youth fundraising event)
- Mall of Georgia movie nights
- Youth Sunday (worship service organized by the youth)
- Christmas play
- Passion play
- Roller skating
- Laser Tag